Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My Favorite Knitting Pattern Highlights from 2016

Today I'm reflecting on all that I accomplished and enjoyed in 2016.  It was a great year!  I enjoyed many fun times throughout the year with my family and dear friends. I really appreciate all the purchases of my patterns and the kind feedback I have received from customers.

I recently celebrated my third year of designing knitting patterns.  I love what I am doing and feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to publish my patterns online.  

These are three of my favorite easy to knit blankets I designed in 2016...

Third Street Blanket 
My Third Street Blanket knitting pattern was my best selling pattern in 2016! 

This blanket pattern is designed for super bulky yarn and there are instructions for six blanket sizes from baby blanket up to XXL afghan.  The blanket shown below was made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in 'Glacier'.

Click here to read more about this pattern on my FiftyFourTenStudio.com website.

January 28, 2020 UPDATE: Please visit my new website at FiftyFourTenStudio.com



Stones in the Road Blanket 
My Stones in the Road blanket design features a seed stitch border and seed stitch 'stripes'.

Click here to purchase the Stones in the Road blanket on Ravelry.  

Click here to purchase the pattern on the Fifty Four Ten Studio website. 

The pattern is also available on Etsy.

Stones in the Road blanket knitting pattern.

Westport Blanket
My Westport Blanket is fun to knit with super bulky yarn.  The design features a garter stitch border and stockinette stitch 'windows'.  I used Lion Brand Hometown super bulky yarn in the color 'Dallas Grey'.

Click here to purchase the Westport Blanket knitting pattern on Ravelry. 

Click here to purchase the pattern on the Fifty Four Ten Studio website.

The pattern is also available on Etsy.

Westport Blanket knitting pattern by Fifty Four Ten Studio
All of these blankets are knit with super bulky yarn and are very easy to knit.  All of these blankets have directions for five or sixe sizes so it's easy to make a baby blanket or a large throw.

Easy to knit blankets!
Click here to shop all of my knitting patterns on my Fifty Four Ten Studio website.

These patterns are also available on Ravelry, LoveKnitting and Etsy.

In 2016, I also enjoyed knitting a few items using my previously published patterns.  I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in the lovely color 'Glacier' to make The Parkway Pillow.  I love how it turned out!  (See more about this project on my August 2016 blog post.)

The Parkway Pillow knitting pattern is available on FiftyFourTenStudio.comRavelry and Etsy.

The Parkway Pillow made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in 'Glacier

In this first week of January 2017, I'm catching up after a fun holiday season.  I'm carefully packing away my collection of Christmas decorations.  All of my homemade ornaments get packed in a special box.  (If you missed it...I wrote about my homemade Christmas ornaments in December.)

Also, I am making lists of things to accomplish this year.  There's a few house projects on the list such as cleaning out all of the kitchen cabinets and painting a couple rooms.  I told my family my new year's goals are to read more and knit more!  Right now I'm reading "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking"...it's very interesting!

My list of knitting project ideas for 2017 is pretty long! This week I started working on a new blanket design.  I'm using Lion Brand Hometown super bulky yarn in the color 'Dallas Grey'.  I'm looking forward to sharing more details as the pattern comes together!

2021 UPDATE: The work-in-progress photo shown above... became my 'Over the Rooftops' blanket knitting pattern.  It quickly became one of the most popular blanket patterns in my collection! 


This pattern is available to purchase on FiftyFourTenStudio.com, Ravelry and Etsy.

Over the Rooftops blanket knitting pattern for super bulky yarn.

If you would like to receive updates on new pattern designs...click here to sign up for my email newsletter.

I hope the new year is off to a great start for you!  Thank you so much for reading!

Happy knitting in 2017! :)

Mary Lee
Fifty Four Ten Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment