Friday, February 28, 2014

Maddy's Hat Knitting Pattern Posted on Ravelry Today!

The other day I wrote about the hat I made for my daughter. I finished writing the pattern and gave the hat a name - "Maddy's Hat".  The pattern is now available on Ravelry!


I used an inexpensive yarn we picked up at Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Store called Vickie Howel “Sheep(ish)”.  The main darker color in the listing photo is called Turquoise(ish) and the lighter contrasting color is called Robin Egg(ish).  (You can make two hats with two skeins of this yarn.  Just reverse the colors on the second hat and the little bit you have left from the main color of one hat can be used as the accent color on the other hat.) My daughter loves the super soft texture.  The color choices are very cute.  This is a pretty good yarn for a very economical price.

The pattern is written for one size to fit teens and women.

The hat is knit in the round using size 5 and 7 US double pointed needles.  You will need to know how to cast on stitches, knit and purl confidently, work in the round on double pointed needles, knit two stitches together and weave in yarn ends.


It's still cold here in the heartland of the USA (as it is a lot of places!). I can’t tell you how happy I am to see my daughter put this hat on every morning this week as she walks out the door to the school bus.  No reminders about “you might need a hat” because she wants to wear this hat.  In fact, a couple days ago she told me she loves the hat!  My heart melted….I’m a happy mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment