Friday, October 24, 2014

New Knitting Pattern - The Love Pillow

I'm so excited to publish "The Love Pillow".  I've been planning this project for months and had a few distractions that slowed me down in getting it completed.  This is my third "word" design pillow.  You may have seen The Peace Pillow and The Home Pillow that I published earlier this year.  After I knit The Peace Pillow, I had lots of other "word" design ideas (some of them are still in the works!) and it's not surprising that "love" made it to the top of the list.

Love...one of the best words in our language.  

Hopefully you have many things you love.  For me it's family and home.  

The Love Pillow knitting pattern by Fifty Four Ten Studio.
I picked blue and white for my version of The Love Pillow.  Blue is my favorite color so this was an easy choice for me.  However, it would be fun to knit this design in red and pink for Valentine's Day!

I used Loops & Threads 'Cozy Wool' in the colors 'Fleece' (white) and 'Seastorm' (for blue letters).  This yarn is available at Michael's Craft Stores in the U.S. and is available on the Michael's website.  This project will also work well with other super bulky weight yarns.

With the super bulky weight yarn, this pillow knits up very quickly.  It would make a great gift for someone you love!


This knitting pattern uses the intarsia knitting technique.  Experience with intarsia knitting is highly recommended.

All of my pillow knitting patterns include detailed step-by-step instructions for finishing.  There are lots of photos to walk you through the process.  

Here's what one of my customers said in an unsolicited review of one of my patterns:

What I appreciate the most about this pattern is the detailed finishing instructions. It really looks great sewn on the pillow and I would not have known how to get it looking this good if the instructions just said “sew together and put it on the pillow form”.

Example of finishing tutorial photos included in pattern.
You might be wondering about pillow forms.  I do not use any fancy, plush pillow forms!  I always pick the bargain pillow forms from the craft store. I prefer inexpensive, firm pillow forms especially for my "word" themed pillows.  The firm pillow form holds the word design in place.

The Love Pillow is available in my Etsy shop and on Ravelry.  

Thank you so much for taking a look at my knitting patterns.  I love what I do and it makes my day every time someone purchases one of my patterns or shares their story of how they used my pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mary Lee! I bought the Love pillow today at the sale price. (I have the Home and Peace patterns as well, with recipients in mind.) And in keeping in spirit with the American League (the Tigers and the Indians are my teams), I'll say "Go Royals! Beat the Giants!" (No wonder blue is your favorite color!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for buying The Love Pillow! I'm so glad you like the word themed pillows!
    Thanks for cheering on the Royals in the World Series. Lots of reasons blue is my favorite color....the Royals is definitely one of them. Also love the Jayhawks of KU...and the blues of the lake and a bright blue sky on a beautiful day. :)

    ReplyDelete