Monday, January 8, 2018

My Favorite Knitting Pattern Highlights from 2017

It's one week into the new year and I'm making plans for knitting projects to work on this year.  I have two projects in the works right now and lots of other ideas that are competing for my attention. It's hard to say exactly which direction my creative ideas will take me, but I know that I'm looking forward to trying out new pattern ideas! 

Here's a little peek at one of the projects I'm working on right now....I'm really excited about this design!

Working on a new knitting design with
Lion Brand Hometown USA in 'Springfield Silver'.

In these first days of the new year I've also been looking back to last year.  I'm cherishing memories of good times that I had with my family and friends throughout the year. We were so fortunate to finish off the year by celebrating the holidays with our extended family on several occasions.  Hosting family dinners at our house is one of my favorite things! 

In terms of knitting accomplishments...I guess you could say that 2017 was my year of blankets!  Last year I designed and knit 10 blankets!  I knit 7,440 yards of yarn to make those ten blankets...that's about 4.25 miles of yarn! 

Here's a look at some of my favorite knitting patterns I published in 2017.  Click on any photo to read more about the patterns on my blog. 

My Favorite 2017 Chunky Blanket Knitting Patterns for Super Bulky Yarn

I love knitting blankets with super bulky yarn...they knit up pretty quickly and are so cozy...perfect for keeping warm on cold, winter days! 

I started knitting my Over the Rooftops blanket on New Year's Day 2017.  I'm still amazed by the enthusiastic response to this design!  It has become one of my best selling knitting patterns.  Read more about it here on my blog.

Over the Rooftops - chunky blanket knitting pattern.

It was so fun to design my Winter Dance blanket knitting pattern as a collaboration with Lion Brand Yarn Company!  I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in the color 'Denim'...which I love!  A kit to make the blanket as shown below is available from Lion Brand...or you may purchase the pattern on Ravelry, Craftsy or EstyRead more about the Winter Dance blanket pattern on my blog.

Winter Dance blanket knitting pattern

North of the River is a chunky, cable blanket knitting pattern that is easy to knit if you have basic cable knitting experience.  This design is one of my favorites!  Read more about this pattern on my blog.

North of the River - chunky cable blanket knitting pattern

Company's Coming is an easy to knit, chunky throw blanket...with tassels! This blanket is fun to knit with super bulky yarn.  I used Lion Brand Hometown USA in 'Dallas Grey'.  The tassels are fun to make and my pattern includes step-by-step instructions with photos. Read more about this pattern on my blog.

Company's Coming - modern, tassel blanket knitting pattern

My Favorite 2017 Blanket Knitting Patterns for Worsted or DK Weight Yarn

My Summer Sidewalk blanket knitting pattern is very easy to knit!  The pattern instructions include five sizes so you can make a nice baby blanket or lightweight throw.  I loved knitting this blanket with some Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic that I have had in my yarn stash for many years. The pattern will work well with DK, worsted or other similar weight yarns. This pattern is a great choice for beginners who have mastered garter stitch and are ready for the next step.  Read more about the pattern on my blog.

Summer Sidewalk - easy blanket knitting pattern

On the Porch blanket is also easy to knit! This lightweight blanket is perfect for cool summer evenings...on the porch!  This pattern is also a great choice for a baby blanket.  The pattern has instructions for six sizes.  Read more about the pattern on my blog.

On the Porch blanket knitting pattern.

Other knitting patterns I published in 2017 are...

I also enjoyed designing these knitting patterns! Read more about each pattern by clicking on the name of the pattern.

Graph Paper blanket - easy to knit with super bulky yarn.

On the Map blanket knitting pattern for worsted or DK weight yarn.

Prairie Fields blanket for worsted or DK weight yarn.

Meadow Lane blanket - a free knitting pattern for worsted or DK weight yarn.

A Bit of Good Luck shawl knitting pattern for super bulky yarn.

January in my studio...knitting in progress,
the sun is shining, and my amaryllis blooming!

Many, many thanks!

In November, I celebrated 4 years of designing knitting patterns!  I really appreciate all the kind feedback and interest in my knitting designs!  I feel so fortunate to spend my days making and sharing knitting ideas. I really appreciate the opportunity to share my 'adventures in knitting' on this blog, RavelryEtsyInstagramFacebook, etc.  The internet and all these amazing platforms make it possible for me and so many other knitters to share our love of this craft. (I'm old enough to know how limited the knitting pattern selection was before any of this technology existed!) I am also so fortunate to have tremendous support and encouragement of my family! 

I love seeing your completed Fifty Four Ten Studio projects when you post your project on Ravelry, share a photo on Instagram...or simply send me an email with your knitting project photos.  If you post a photo of your project on Instagram be sure to tag me with @FiftyFourTenStudio or use #fiftyfourtenstudio (just remember...if your account is private I won't be able to see your post).

I'm so touched that knitters chose my patterns to make special items for their family and friends.  And, it warms my heart to hear that many of you use my patterns to knit items to donate to those in need of comfort. 

Wishing you all the best in 2018!  Happy knitting!

Mary Lee
Fifty Four Ten Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment