Sunday, October 30, 2016

Easy Blanket Knitting Patterns

In the past year and a half I have been addicted to knitting blankets!  I love using super bulky yarn to knit blankets because they are quick to knit.  Also, I love the chunky texture and the cozy finished blanket.

I have two new blanket designs in the works that I hope to publish very soon.  Here's a little look at the projects I have been working on recently...

Stitch markers are helpful even with easy knitting patterns.
The tan yarn above is Loops & Threads Cozy Wool in the color 'Mushroom'.  This yarn is available at Michael's Crafts Store.

Weaving in the ends on a new blanket.
The yarn for the blanket above is Loops & Threads Cozy Wool in the color 'Thunder'.  Pattern coming soon!  (Hopefully early November 2016.)

Last week the weather finally started to cool down around here and I pulled a few blankets out of storage.
Belleview Blanket in tan & blue / Brookside Blanket in white
If you are looking for a very easy blanket knitting project here's a few ideas....

My Third Street Blanket knitting pattern has quickly become my best selling blanket pattern.  One of my customers described it as "TV knitting at it's best"!  The pattern is very easy to remember.  Instructions for five blanket sizes including baby, crib, medium size throw and XL afghan.  It's very easy to adjust the length for any of the sizes.

Third Street Blanket knitting pattern
My Westport Blanket knitting pattern is also very easy to knit.  I used Lion Brand Hometown USA in the color 'Dallas Grey'.  I love this yarn! It is very economical and I love how the subtle sheen of the yarn gives this blanket a bit of a modern look.  This pattern also includes instructions for five sizes...and it's easy to adjust the length for any of the blanket sizes.

Westport Blanket knitting pattern - very easy to knit!
If you would like to start with a very easy free knitting pattern...you might like The Boulevard Blanket.  This pattern is easy to knit with super bulky yarn.  It has great texture and makes a super cozy blanket.

The Boulevard Blanket knitting pattern - FREE pattern!
I recommend using solid color yarns for any of these patterns so the texture of the knitting shows best.  If you are a beginning knitter...I highly recommend light to medium color yarns and definitely solid colors.  Dark colors and variegated yarns are challenging for new knitters.

These patterns will work with a number of different super bulky yarns. My three favorite super bulky yarns are...in no particular order...

Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick - favorite colors 'Glacier' & 'Fisherman'

Loops & Threads Cozy Wool - favorite colors 'Mushroom', 'Thunder', 'Fleece', 'Stone' & 'Pewter'

Lion Brand Hometown USA - favorite colors 'Dallas Grey', 'Houston Cream', 'Chicago Charcoal', 'Washington Denim' and 'New York White'

If you like seeing behind the scenes photos, follow me on Instagram!

Thanks for reading!  Happy knitting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment